Tuesday, February 18, 2014

RECIPE | GARLIC CHIVE SALAD

Finding garlic chives at my local farmer's market instantly reminded me of the chive salad (buchu muchim, I believe) I had at Korean barbecue a few weeks back.  My rendition is much different than that I had experienced at the restaurant, but this recipe is still tasty and most importantly, quick to make.

Nutrition Fast Facts:
Chives: detoxifying sulphur and quercetin, an anti-inflammatory flavonoid
Garlic: contains antibacterial and antifungal sulfurous compounds, stimulates nitric oxide production in the blood vessels, which helps lower blood pressure 
Sesame seeds: good source of vitamin E and calcium 



Ingredients:
  • 2 cups garlic chives, chopped 
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
  • 5 drops La Yu chili oil 
    • I'm a whimp when it comes to spicy, so those who prefer more kick, add a few more drops
Just combine all of the ingredients and you have a flavorful salad in minutes. I recommend letting it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours to marinate the chives.



No comments :

Post a Comment